We have only been in HCMC for a little over 24 hours and already so much to share. We landed just before midnight on the 15th, and after baggage claim, customs, immigration, meeting our driver Mr. Hoa, and taking the short trip from the airport to our temp apartment we didn't get to bed until 2am or so. We had an early wake up call so that Angie could meet with Nike folks at the office, everyone there has been super friendly and helpful, Angie is going to rock at her new job...but I think we all knew that already right?!?
We are staying in the Crescent complex in Phu My Hung (District 7) area of the city. The temp apartment is great and the area is apparently up and coming with a lot of great restaurants, shopping, and even some parks that we will surely be enjoying. Owen even made some quick friends with a couple of boys that were visiting from Australia! So proud of our little man, the most resilient dude I know and he's not even 7-yrs-old yet.
Today we are going to tour two international schools and some housing options...I feel like we are on an episode of International House Hunters...not that I would know what that show is, I mean I'm way to young and cool to watch that...I have just heard it's an interesting show.
I will update again soon but we want our friends and family to all know we are safe and sound.
Owen's always willing to strike a pose
Found a good place to get some essentials
Owen scooping some comforts of home
A couple of views of the new hood





2 comments:
I love your blog...keep them coming. Glad Owen found american snacks.
Fantastic! Looks great - you are all going to rock this adventure, thank you so much for the update - and hope house/school hunting went well.
Post a Comment